Friday 24 July 2020

Matariki

 Talofa Lava Everyone!

This week we have been doing a lot of things to do with Matariki. Matariki is a time when we gather with our family and share kai. It is when the seven sisters / Stars come out. It  is also when the Maori new year comes. On Thursday we did three activties on Matariki.

The first thing we did was Stop Motion Animation. We had to retell a Matariki story or part of a Matariki story using stop motion animation. We had to plan what we were going to do and then make backgrounds and charaters. The second thing I did was making Manu Tukutuku. We had to make patterns and us them to make a kite. We wove cardboard patterns onto a bamboo frame. My third activitie was did was making fried bread. We got to make it and then eat it with nutella or something.
Thank you for reading my blog post!
If you have anytime please leave a comment.
















1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, I'm Sophie from Marshland school. That looks like so much fun! I like how you put in a very big description and some photos as well. At my school we also made stop-motions about a Matariki tale. Maybe next time you could check your grammar because there were a few spots that you needed to check. Overall I think you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete